Who is eligible for a V visa?
Spouses (husbands and wives) and unmarried children under the age of 21 of lawful permanent residents may apply for V visas under these conditions:
- Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) petitioner MUST have filed the I-130 immigrant visa petition on or before December 21, 2000
- Priority date is at least three years old
- Priority date is not current
- Applicant has not already had an immigrant visa interview or been scheduled for an interview
- Petition is not already at an embassy or consulate abroad
- Applicant is otherwise eligible as an immigrant
The priority date is the date the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) first received the I-130 petition.