A visa:

The A-1 and A-2 visas are for diplomats, consular staff and other foreign government officials plus their family dependents. The A-3 visa is available for personal employees of diplomatic personnel.


All three kinds of visa are issued directly in the foreign country for an initial validity period of up to three years, and diplomats and their dependents must register with the State Department through their employer once they enter the U.S.


Some A-1 and A-2 family dependents are eligible for employment authorization, based on reciprocal agreements with their country and the type of diplomatic position held by the principal.


The Law Office of Julia Lamanna
                    tel:  212-844-9668

305 Broadway 7th Floor, New York NY 10007                      fax: 212-844-9864


  Site Map